Luigi has been practicing law since 1998 and has held positions of trust with the Court of Rome’s Insolvency Section acting as Insolvency Trustee, Judicial Commissioner and Judicial Liquidator. He has also acted on behalf of other local Courts, having handled over 200 cases. In addition, he has acted as legal advisor in numerous insolvency proceedings throughout Italy.
He has advised on notable extraordinary administration procedures such as Alitalia, Tirrenia di Navigazione, Impresa, Agile, Eutelia, among others, as well as on directors/managers liability actions.
In his role as legal advisor, since 2008 he has filed over 100 proposals for composition with creditors, debt restructuring agreements pursuant to art. 182-bis of the Bankruptcy Law, and certified recovery plans for as many companies in difficulty across various industrial, commercial and tertiary sectors, in particular tourism-hotel, pharmaceutical, healthcare, publishing, construction, energy/oil, integrated water service, maritime, trade fairs, food, etc.to name a few.
Recent procedures for composition with creditors include:
- APS SpA – a company dedicated to the construction of oil fields with a debt of over 100 million Euros. The composition was approved in September 2021.
- Corden Pharma Latina SpA – a pharmaceutical manufacturer with a debt of approximately 85 million Euros. The composition was approved in April 2021.
- Farmacia San Marco – Debt of approximately 8 million Euros. The approval hearing is scheduled for Spring 2022.
- Nuova Iniziativa Editoriale SpA – owner and publisher of the newspaper, “l’Unità”, with a debt of over 50 million Euros. The composition was approved in 2015 and enforced in 2020.
- Fiera di Roma SpA – the composition began in 2015 and was subsequently approved.
- RC Costruzioni SpA – the recovery plan pursuant to art. 671 of the Bankruptcy Law with a debt of about 10 million Euros was certified in January 2020.
- As Judicial Commissioner, he followed the debt restructuring plan of PB Tankers SpA – a navigation company with a fleet of petrol tankers.
- On 13 December as legal advisor to Reginal Srl, he filed the first request for a negotiated settlement of the crisis pursuant to Law Decree no. 118/2021, including the request for interim protective measures.
In the period 2007/2009 he was elected member of the Commission for “Relations with the European Union” for the Organismo unitario dell’avvocatura italiana (Unitary Organisation of the Italian Bar).
In 2009 he was a member of the group assisting the Commission for the reform of the law on extraordinary administration of large undertakings in economic difficulty appointed by the Minister of Economic Development.
In 2013 he was appointed by the Court of Siracusa as the insolvency trustee of the bankruptcy (in going concern) of the company that operated the integrated water service in the province of Siracusa; from 2017 he has been the insolvency trustee of the bankruptcy of the company operating the ski resorts of Pescasseroli; since 2019 he has been the trustee for the bankruptcy of the company managing the water purification in the municipalities of Lake Bolsena.